Tennis Falls To Richmond, 5-1, In A-10 Championship
April 24, 2005
COLLEGE PARK, Md. - The University of Massachusetts tennis team lost to Richmond, 5-1, in this afternoon's Atlantic 10 Championship match at The Tennis Center in Maryland. Junior Jana Bartoloni provided the only win in singles play with her victory at the No. 6 spot.
Bartoloni and senior Sasha Edelstein (Haifa, Israel) also won their doubles match at No. 3, 8-6. Freshmman Masha Pozar (Ljublijana, Slovenia) and sophomore Michele Spiess (Stuttgart, Germany) were edged in No. 2 doubles, 9-8 (5).
Richmond, which won its second-consecutive A-10 Championship and third in four years, registered straight-set victories in every singles match that it won.
2. Robin Carter/Courtney Klein (UR) def. Masha Pozar/Michelle Spiess (UM), 9-8 (5)
3. Jana Bartoloni/Sasha Edelstein (UM) def. Beatrice grasu/Jelena Zivanovic (UR), 8-6
2. Carter (UR) vs. Pozar (UM), 6-2, 2-1 (DNF)
3. Klein (UR) def. Edelstein (UM), 6-3, 6-1
4. Wolfgram (UR) def. Iwanowicz (UM), 6-2, 6-2
5. Grasu (UR) def. Johnson (UM), 6-0, 6-4
6. Bartoloni (UM) def. Zivanovic (UR), 6-3, 6-2
Final Championship Standings
GET YOUR OFFICIAL