Tennis Falls To Lynn, 8-1
March 21, 2003
BOCA RATON, Fla. - The University of Massachusetts fell to Lynn in women's collegiate tennis action, 8-1, Thursday in Boca Raton, Fla. The loss dropped UMass to 3-9 in the spring portion of its schedule. The Minutewomen will have a week off from competition before competing against Rhode Island on April 2.
In another close match, Stephanie Price (Columbia, Mo.) forced a tie breaker at No. 2 singles before falling to Lynn's Monika Mastalirova, 7-6, 6-1.
The Minutewomen will return to action on April 2 when they take on Rhode Island.
Lynn 8, UMass 1
1. Kristina Triska (LU) def Sasha Edelstein (UM) 6-3, 6-1
2. Monika Mastalirova (LU) def Stephanie Price (UM) 7-6, 6-1
3. Marie Barber (LU) def Jafra Depontes (UM) 6-1 (Retired)
4. Ann Scott (LU) def Camilla Knight (UM) 7-5, 6-2
5. Monse Palacios (LU) def Susan Hyams (UM) 6-2, 6-1
6. Evie Stevens (LU) def Dorothy Iwanowicz (UM) 7-5, 6-4
1. Triska/ Barbier (LU) def Depontes / Price (UM) 8-3
2. Mastalirova / Palacios (LU) def Edelstein / Iwanowicz (UM) 8-5
3. Hyams / Knight (UM) def Bajramovic / Bajramovic (LU)8-4
GET YOUR OFFICIAL