Women's Tennis Falls To Jacksonville, 6-1
March 20, 2002
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The University of Massachusetts women's tennis team (2-13) fell to Jacksonville University (9-4), 6-1, this afternoon at the Alexander Brest Tennis Complex.
The No. 2 doubles tandem of sophomore Jafra Depontes (Kaliua-Kona, Hawaii) and freshman Stephanie Price (Columbia, Mo.) defeated Martyne Dallman and Kim Packer, 8-6. The Minutewomen lost the remaining two doubles games so Jacksonville earned the first point of the match.
Price was the only victorious Minutewoman in singles action as she topped Dorien Geertsema in a third-set tiebreaker , 3-6, 6-3, 11-9.
The Minutewomen return to Amherst for a 1:00 p.m. match against Atlantic 10 foe Xavier on March 26.
Jacksonville 6 Massachusetts 1
1. Mami Inoue (JU) def Helena Horak (UM) 6-3, 6-1
2. Tiffany Pinciotti (JU) def Jafra Depontes (UM) 6-4, retired
3. Stephanie Price (UM) def Dorien Geertsema (JU) 3-6, 6-3, 11-9
4. Martyne Dallman (JU) def Susan Hyams (UM) 6-1, 6-2
5. Kim Packer (JU) def Alison Hagenbuch (UM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Nisrine Hajbane (JU) def Ashley Smith (UM) 6-0, 6-1
1. Geertsema / Inoue (JU) def Horak / Hyams (UM) 8-2
2. Depontes / Price (UM) def Dallman / Packer (JU) 8-6
3. Hajbane / Pinciotti (JU) def Hagenbuch / Smith (UM) 8-2
GET YOUR OFFICIAL