Tennis Downs Rutgers In Florida, 6-1
March 16, 2005
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. - Sophomore Michele Spiess (Stuttgart, Germany) rolled to a singles and doubles victory as the University of Massachusetts (8-6) handled Big East opponent Rutgers, 6-1, in tennis action this afternoon at the Delray Beach Tennis Center.
Spiess won her match at No. 1 singles in straight sets and teamed up with freshman Masha Pozar (Ljublijana, Slovenia) to take the No. 2 doubles match, 8-4. Pozar also won her No. 2 singles match, 6-3, 6-0.
Freshman Kristin DiPiero (Huntingdon Valley, Pa.) and junior Susan Johnson (Arnold, Md.) teamed up at No. 1 doubles to win 8-4. Senior Sasha Edelstein (Haifa, Israel) and junior Jana Bartoloni (Quincy, Mass.) paired up to win at No. 3 doubles, 8-4, while both players won their singles matches at No. 3 and No. 5, respectively.
The Minutewomen complete their Florida trip with a record of 2-2. They return to action on Friday, March 25 when they travel to Philadelphia to to take on Temple.
2. Pozar and Spiess def. Magomedova and Edelschein, 8-4.
3. Edelstein and Bartoloni def. Balasa and Braulsfurd, 8-4.
Singles: 1. Spiess def. Elder-Bush, 6-0, 6-0.
2. Pozar def. Dujsic, 6-3, 6-0.
3. Edelstein def. Balasa, 6-3, 6-1.
4. Magomedova def. Johnson, 6-4, 6-1.
5. Bartoloni def. Edelschein, 6-3, 6-1.
6. DiPiero def. Braulsfurd, 6-1, 6-0.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|