UMass Routed by Dartmouth, 7-0
Feb. 21, 2008
HANOVER, N.H. - The women's tennis team headed up to Dartmouth for a rematch from disappointing fall tournament play, but Dartmouth was ready for them. In competition play, the Minutewomen were unable to score a single point on the Big Green, for the first time this season. UMass is now 3-9 all time against Dartmouth.
The two teams decided to allow most of their players to compete during the match however as there were five doubles matches on the day as well as nine singles matches, but only the top three doubles and the top six singles counted towards the score of the match.
UMass lost the doubles point of the match for the third straight time this season after winning the first four doubles points at the beginning of the year. Dartmouth resounding beat UMass in each of the No. 1-3 doubles matches with scores of 8-4, 8-1 and 8-0 respectively.
Singles play wasn't much different as Candynce Boney (Las Vegas, Nev.) and Laura Danai (Holyoke, Mass.) were the only Minutewomen to come close to beating their Dartmouth foes. The lone shining point on the day was in No. 7 and 8 doubles as Kristin DiPiero (Huntingdon, Pa.) continued on her winning streak at Dartmouth beating J. Murray 9-8(1) and Lauren MacKay (Redding, Conn.) downed D. Murray 8-7(1).
The Minutewomen are back in action Sunday February 24 at home against Army at 12:00 p.m. at the Hampshire College Indoor Courts.
1. Pozar vs. Scott Dartmouth won, 6-0, 6-0
2. Boney vs. Winingham Dartmouth won, 6-3, 7-5
3. Hodgson vs. Adler Dartmouth won, 6-2, 6-3
4. Lecluyse vs. Reichel Dartmouth won, 6-2, 6-0
5. Carpenter vs. Suydam Dartmouth won, 6-0, 6-0
6. Danai vs. Mitchell Dartmouth won, 7-5, 6-3
7. DiPiero vs. J. Murray UMass won, 9-8 (1)
8. MacKay vs. D. Murray UMass won, 8-7 (7)
9. Ludmer vs. J. Zak Dartmouth won, 8-4
GET YOUR OFFICIAL