Women's Tennis Falls to Seton Hall, 5-2
Feb. 20, 2005
AMHERST, Mass. -- The University of Massachusetts women's tennis team fell to Seton Hall University, 5-2, on Sunday afternoon at the Grande Meadows Tennis Club in Longmeadow. The Minutewomen dropped their third consective match, and now own a record of 4-3.
Sophomore Michele Spiess (Stuttgart, Germany) continued her winning ways on the singles side, as she won, 6-4, 6-4, in the No. 1 slot. The win improves her overall singles record to 12-2. Junior Jana Bartoloni (Quincy, Mass.) was the only other UMass player victorious in singles play, as she won in the No. 6 spot by scores of 6-7, 6-3, 6-3.
UMass goes on the road for nine-straight matches. It faces UMBC on March 5 at 2:00 PM in Ithaca, N.Y. The Minutewomen's next home match is on March 30 when they host Rhode Island.
1. Viviana Figueroa and Iva Gyurgina def. Spiess and Masha Pozar, 9-8.
2. Iwanowicz and Johnson def. Jennifer Seide and Nadja Sein, 8-0.
1. Spiess def. Figueroa, 6-4, 6-4.
2. Ebru Burduroglu def. Pozar, 6-7, 6-4, 6-2.
3. Sein def. Johnson, 6-0, 6-1.
4. Zamot def. Iwanowicz, 6-3, 7-6.
5. Isaza def. Edelstein, 6-4, 5-7, 6-4.
6. Bartoloni def. Gyurgina, 6-7, 6-3, 6-3.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL