• UMass will play host to Dayton on Saturday in a doubleheader at Sortino Field. The first game is scheduled to begin at Noon.
• Live video and stats of every UMass home game are available online at UMassAthletics.com. Additionally, live stats and a live audio broadcast are available for every road game, including the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship.
Youth Softball Day
• Saturday will be Youth Softball Day at the UMass Softball Complex.
• All area softball teams are invited to attend and asked to wear their jerseys.
• UMass (5-14, 0-2) will play its first Atlantic 10 home games this weekend after having last weekend's series at George Washington rained out.
• The Minutewomen are hitting .251 on the year to rank seventh in the A-10. UMass has eight home runs, 23 doubles and four triples. The team is tied for third in the league with 10 double plays turned.
• Junior Quianna Diaz-Patterson leads the league with a .414 avg and is second with a .500 on-base pct. Senior Lindsey Webster is second in the A-10 with a .673 slugging pct.
• Dayton (14-19, 2-4) enters the weekend having lost a pair to Saint Louis on Wednesday after a sweep of Detroit on Tuesday. The Flyers split with La Salle and Rhode Island in their previous A-10 matchups.
• The Flyers are hitting .295 which leads the A-10. Their 30 home runs are tops in the league and their 31 steals are second.
Series With Dayton
• The Minutewomen are 30-4 all-time against the Flyers, having won 18 of the last 19 games in the series. UMass has posted 13 shutouts and held Dayton hitless twice - Brandice Balschmiter had a perfect game in 2008 and Sara Plourde collected her first-career no-hitter in 2009.
• Last season the teams split the series in Ohio. Dayton won the Friday game, 9-4, before UMass claimed the Saturday contest, 14-12.