• After having its last four games canceled due to rain and unplayable field conditions, Massachusetts will open the home portion of its 2014 schedule with a doubleheader against Yale at Sortino Field.
• Live video and stats of every UMass home game are available online at UMassAthletics.com. Additionally, live stats and a live audio broadcast are available for every road game, including the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship.
• UMass (3-14, 0-2) brings a four-game losing streak into the contest following a pair of losses at Saint Louis (2-1 and 6-4) to open league play 11 days ago.
• The Minutewomen are hitting .232 on the year to rank seventh in the A-10. UMass has eight home runs, 18 doubles and three triples. The team is tied for third in the league with eight double plays turned.
• Junior Quianna Diaz-Patterson ranks third in the league with a .400 avg and is first with a .500 on-base pct.
• Yale (3-17) is in the midst of a 10-game losing streak after defeating Butler and Seton Hall on March 14-15 at the Michele Smith Spring Break Tournament in Clearwater, Fla. (UMass also played in the event but did not face the Bulldogs).
• Yale is hitting .211 as a team and has been shutout eight times, including its last three.
Series With Yale
• This marks the first-ever meeting between the schools on the softball diamond.
• Elaine Sortino was the head softball coach at Yale in 1978-79 prior to coming to UMass. The 1979 season was the first for the Bulldogs as a Division I program and they went 4-12. She also coached the volleyball program to a 54-15 mark in 1977-78.