• Massachusetts travels to Washington, D.C. for a Sunday doubleheader against George Washington, beginning at Noon at the GW Softball Field, located on their Mt. Vernon Campus at 2100 Foxhall Road NW.
• Live video and stats of every UMass home game are available online at UMassAthletics.com. Additionally, live stats and a live audio broadcast are available for every road game, including the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship.
• UMass (3-14, 0-2) brings a four-game losing streak into the contest following a pair of losses at Saint Louis (2-1 and 6-4) to open league play last Saturday.
• The Minutewomen are hitting .232 on the year to rank seventh in the A-10. UMass has eight home runs, 18 doubles and three triples. The team is tied for third in the league with eight double plays turned.
• Junior Quianna Diaz-Patterson ranks third in the league with a .400 avg and is first with a .500 on-base pct.
Scouting George Washington
• George Washington (11-19-1, 0-2) are in the midst of a three-game losing streak of its own. The Colonials dropped a pair to Fordham last weekend and fell to UMBC 10-6 on Thursday. They have played their last 17 games at home.
• GW is hitting .242 and leads the league with 45 stolen bases - 17 more than the next team.
Series With George Washington
• The Minutewomen are 20-2 all-time against the Colonials, having posted 12 shutouts.
• GW recorded its first two wins in the series last year in Amherst, claiming a 4-3 win in game one and 8-0 in game two.
• UMass won all four meetings in 2012 as it claimed wins of 8-0 and 2-0 in our nation's capital before taking a 5-2 win on the second day of the Atlantic 10 Championship, followed two days later with the dramatic 3-2 walk-off home run from Kyllie Magill to win in the championship game.