Nov. 15, 2003
* The Minutemen are 8-2-0 in their first 10 games, marking the second time that UMass has started 8-2-0 in its 10 years since the resurrection in 1993-94 (the other was the 1993-94 season).
* UMass has already won five games in Hockey East in its first seven games. UMass has won five or less games in Hockey East play five times in its nine previous years.
* UMass won its seventh straight road game, dating back to last year, all against Hockey East opponents.
* The Minutemen's Marvin Degon scored UMass' first goal of the game on a power-play netter. All three of his career goals have been on the power play. His goal tonight was the first for him in the last 16 games in action. With a second-period assist, Degon had his first multi-point game of the year. He has scored in four straight road games to start the season, after scoring in only one road game as a freshman.
* With a first-period assist, Thomas Pöck has now scored in a career-best six straight games, tying a career long set earlier this season (that carried over from last year). Over the last six games, Pöck has scored nine points (5 g, 4 a). He has tallied points in 12-of-the-last-13 games, accounting for 21 points (9 g, 12 a). The assist was his 10th career point against Providence in 11 games. However, nine of the points (6 g, 3 a) have come in the last five meetings with the Friars.
* UMass had a season-high 16 shots in the second period, after having only 15 on Friday night. UMass also had 16 shots in the first period against Providence on Nov. 1.
* James Solon scored his first goal in the last 25 games, dating back to Dec. 29, 2002, against Maine in the Florida Everblades Classic.
* John Toffey scored his first UMass goal, and has scored three points (1 g, 2 a) in two games against Providence.
* Josh Hanson has scored in three of his five games this year.
* Craig MacDonald tallied his first point in Hockey East play in over a year with a second-period assist. His last Hockey East point came Nov. 1, 2002, also against Providence.
* With a first-period assist, Chris Capraro has scored seven points, all assists, in six career games against the Friars.
* In three games against his former team, John Luszcz has distributed two assists.
* The Minutemen are only 5-of-35 (14.3 percent) on the power play in the last seven games, but are 40-of-46 (87.0 percent) on the penalty kill in that same span.
* After allowing 23 shots on goal in the first two periods, the UMass defense allowed only six shots in the third period.