Nov. 8, 2003
* In 40 minutes of first-period play this weekend, the Minutemen held Merrimack to three shots on goal, while firing 18 themselves. However, the two squads played scoreless hockey in the first period of both games.
* UMass was shut out of the first period for the second straight game.
* The Minutemen had three power-play chances in the first period for the second straight night, and came away empty for the second straight night. UMass is now 3-for-23 on the power play in the last five games.
* UMass tallied goals 1:13 apart in the second period, the second-quickest span that two goals have been scored so far this sesaon.
* Mike Warner tallied his first career short-handed goal and first career multi-goal game in tonight's victory.
* Greg Mauldin had his first multi-goal game of the season and third straight multi-point game in the win.
* Thomas Pöck continued his red hot offensive tear with two assists in tonight's triumph. He has scored at least two points in three straight games, and in six of the eight games so far this season.
* UMass held Merrimack to 24 total shots (12 each night) for the two-game set.
* The Minutemen have tied a program-best winning three straight Hockey East games. UMass is 4-1-0 in Hockey East for the first time in school history.
* UMass has allowed only one opponent to score more than three goals in a game this season.
* The Minutemen scored a season-high four goals in the second period tonight.
* It is the first time the Minutemen have beaten the Warriors on back-to-back nights since Nov. 3-4, 1995.