Oct. 31, 2003
* UMass saw its four-game winning streak come to an end in tonight's 6-2 loss to the Friars.
* The Minutemen hadn't given up more than three goals in a game this season until tonight.
* UMass also allowed an opponent to score two goals in a period for the first time tonight. Providence scored two goals in each of the three periods.
* UMass' attempt to go 5-0-0 for the first time since joining Hockey East ended tonight. UMass was also trying to go 2-0-0 in Hockey East for the first time since 1995-96.
* Kevin Jarman tallied his first career goal in tonight's loss.
* The Minutemen were 1-3-0 last season as a ranked team, and tonight's loss drops their record to 1-4-0 all-time as a ranked squad.
* UMass was outshot for the first time since the Hockey East Quarterfinals against Maine on March 7, 2003 (a span of six games).
* This is the second straight game that UMass has scored two goals in a game. UMass had gone six straight games (prior to Holy Cross) scoring at least three goals in each game.
* The six goals scored by Providence were the most for the Friars against UMass since Jan. 7, 2001, a span of seven games.
* John Toffey tallied his first multi-point game of his career with two assists tonight.
* Stephen Werner has scored in four straight games, tied for his career long streak.