Oct. 24, 2003
MASSACHUSETTS POST-GAME NOTES
* The Minutemen are 4-0-0 for the first time since the 1971-72 season. That team started 6-0-0 and 9-1-0.
* This is the fourth time in school history that UMass has started 4-0-0. The other times were in the 1971-72, 1970-71 and 1910-11 seasons.
* UMass ran its non-conference unbeaten streak to 10 games (9-0-1) with tonight's 2-1 win over the Crusaders. Its last non-conference loss came 362 days ago against Nebraska-Omaha (3-2 on Oct. 27, 2002).
* UMass also has held seven of eight oppoents to three goals or less.
* The Minutemen have held eight straight foes to under 30 shots.
* UMass failed to score a power-play goal for the first time in six games tonight.
* John Luszcz and John Toffey have scored collegiate points before at Providence and Ohio State, respectively. But their assists on UMass' first goal were their first points of their UMass careers.
* Chris Capraro scored his second game-winning goal of the season tonight, and 10th career goal. Of his 10 career goals, four have been game-winners. In fact, every one of his shots this year (3) has resulted in a goal.
* Thomas P?ck saw his six-game scoring streak come to a halt tonight, but not without a fight. He hit a crossbar in the second period and had an empty-net attempt late in the game just sail wide.
* Greg Mauldin, however, is riding a five-game scoring streak.
* Gabe Winer is on fire as of late, posting a 9-2-0 record over the last 11 games. He is 4-0-0 on the season with a 1.75 GAA and a .916 save percentage.