Oct. 11, 2003
* The Minutemen are 2-0-0 for the first time since the 1995-96 season. That team started 3-0-0 and 4-1-0.
* UMass is believed to be sitting atop Hockey East for the first time since the 1995-96 season.
* The Minutemen tied a school record by winning their fourth consecutive road game, dating back to last season.
* UMass has won two games in a row at Tsongas Arena for the first time ever and are unbeaten there in its last three games (2-0-1).
* Thomas P?ck has tallied five points (2 g, 3 a) in the first two games of his senior campaign. The Hobey Baker candidate now has 66 points (30 g, 36 a) to rank tied for 21st on the school's all-time scoring list. P?ck has now scored in five straight games dating back to last season, scoring 10 points (3 g, 7 a).
* Teammate Greg Mauldin is in 19th place on the school's scoring list with 67 points (34 g, 33 a).
* Peter Trovato tallied his first career short-handed goal and third game-winning goal in the 3-2 victory.
* Gabe Winer moved into fifth place by himself on the career wins list with 19.
* The UMass defense has held six straight opponents to 30 shots or less.
* The Minuteman penalty-kill unit is off to a stellar start, holding opponents scoreles on 11 opportunities in the first two games, including a two-minute 5-on-3 tonight. Last year's penalty kill unit was 7-for11 in the first two games of 2002-03.
* On the contrary, the Minutemen are 2-of-9 on the power play so far this season.