Oct. 9, 2003
MASSACHUSETTS POST-GAME NOTEBOOK:
* The Minutemen are now 35-35-2 all-time in season openers and 2-2-0 under Coach Don Cahoon.
* Thomas P?ck three-point game was his third of his career. He scored 12 points (5-7-12) in four career games against UConn.
* The Minutemen scored four or more goals for the fifth game in a row for only the second time since the program's admittance in Hockey East in 1994-95. The other came in the first six games of the season in 1995-96.
* Chris Capraro's three assists were a career-high and tied a career-high with three points.
* Josh Hanson recorded his first career multi-point game.
* UMass was 5-for-5 on the penalty kill. That is its most kills without giving up a goal since the 15th game of the year last season. A 3-1 loss to Boston University on Dec. 7. The Terriers went 0-for-5 in that game.
* The crowd of 5,379 was the largest opening-day crowd in school history and sixth largest in Mullins Center history.
* The Minutemen are now unbeaten in their last eight non-conference games, posting a 7-0-1 record. The Minutemen haven't lost to a team outside of Hockey East since a 3-2 overtime loss to Nebraska-Omaha on Oct. 27.
* The Minutemen have won 11 straight games when leading after two periods.