• The UMass football team closes out the 2013 campaign with a Black Friday match-up at Ohio in Peden Stadium (2 PM). The game will be streamed online through ESPN3.com and via the WatchESPN app for mobile devices.
• The UMass Sports Network will feature Voice of the Minutemen Josh Maurer handling play-by-play duties alongside analyst Matt Goldstein, and sideline reporter Cody Chrusciel. The game can be heard live starting at 1:40 PM (EST) on 105.5 FM WEEI (Springfield) and 1440 AM WVEI (Worcester). The broadcast is also available online through www.UMassAthletics.com and on smart phones and tablets through the TuneIn app.
• A 17-point fourth quarter sealed a come-from behind win for Ohio against UMass in Week 5 last season as the Bobcats won 37-34 to remain unbeaten. Mike Wegzyn threw for 373 yards and four touchdowns in arguably the best game for the offense last year. Alan Williams had a career-high 127 yards receiving and three touchdowns including one in the final four minutes of play as the Minutemen tried to make a late rally..
• Entering the 2013 match-up with Ohio, UMass is coming off a tough 37-0 loss at Central Michigan. A 20-point second quarter ended up being the difference with an interception returned for a touchdown in that stretch giving momentum to the Chippewas. With two of UMass’ top running backs out for the game due to injury and Jamal Wilson limited, Shadrach Abrokwah stepped to the plate with the walk-on freshman turning in a 20-carry, 93-yard performance. Four turnovers by the offense, however, negated the Minutemen’s ability to turn key offensive drives into points and led to great field position for CMU.
• With an average of 15,830 fans through six games this season, UMass set a new attendance record. The previous high mark was 14,684 set in 1999 at McGuirk Stadium and the year after UMass won the NCAA I-AA National Championship Game.
• The 2013 attendance average was 30 percent higher than the 2012 average of 10,901 which was UMass’ first season at the FBS level and first year playing games at Gillette Stadium.
• Complete Game Notes As PDF