• For the third time in program history, UMass and Kansas State are set to meet on Saturday, Sept. 14 at Bill Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan. The Minutemen and Wildcats last met in 2009 with UMass nearly pulling off an upset in “The Little Apple” before eventually falling 21-17.
• The game will not be televised, however, there will be a live online stream available through www.KStateSports.com beginning at kick-off.
• The UMass Sports Network will once again feature Voice of the Mintuemen Josh Maurer handling play-by-play duties alongside analyst Matt Goldstein and sideline reporter Cody Chrusciel. The game can be heard live starting at 6:40 PM (EST) on 105.5 FM WEEI (Springfield), 1440 AM WVEI (Worcester) and 95.9 FM WATD (South Shore). The broadcast is also available online through www.UMassAthletics.com and on smart phones and tablets through the TuneIn app.
• The last time UMass and Kansas State met in 2009, the Wildcats led 21-3 going into halftime. The Minutemen held Kansas State scoreless in the second half while managing a third quarter touchdown and a D.J. Adeoba blocked punt which was returned for a touchdown in the fourth. The two teams previously met in 2003 which was a 38-17 win for K-State.
• UMass is coming off a tough loss last week in the home opener at Gillette Stadium against Maine, 24-14. UMass opened the scoring with a quick four-play drive, but was unable to score again until the fourth quarter. Wide receiver Tajae Sharpe had a career-high 11 catches for 85 yards and a touchdown, while runinng back Stacey Bedell had 110 all-purpose yards. Ed Saint-Vil had a career-high 14 tackles and Jovan Santos-Knox posted his first career interception to lead the defensive effort.
• The Minutemen will return home after this week to host Vanderbilt at Gillette Stadium. It was announced this week that ESPN will pick up the game which is set for a Noon kick-off. The game will either be carried on ESPNU, ESPNews, or ESPN3 with a decision made on game week. This will mark the first time an SEC team has ever played UMass at home.
For Complete Game Notes On The Game, Click Here