Postgame Notes: No. 3 UMass 24, No. 9 UNH 17
Dec. 2, 2006
* The last sellout at a UMass game was on Sept. 8, 1973, when 18,100 jammed into McGuirk Stadium, prior to fire code guidelines. The crowd is the ninth-largest in UMass history.
* UMass advances to the NCAA Semifinals for the first time since the 1998 season when they won the National Championship.
* Steve Baylark had his 24th career 100-yard game. UMass is 21-3 in those games.
* Baylark had a career-long 60-yard rush on UMass' opening drive of the game. The drive, which spanned 98 yards was the longest drive for UMass this season. The previous long was 92 against Rhode Island on Oct. 21.
* Baylark scored his 45th career touchdown on a 1-yard rush to cap the first drive. Baylark tied Lou Bush for third all-time at UMass in career total touchdowns. It was his 40th career rushing TD which also ranks third all-time at UMass.
* With his 198 yards, Baylark now has 1638 rushing yards on the season which is the third-best single-season in UMass history. He passed Garry Pearson (1631 in 1982), Jerome Bledsoe (1545 in 1991), Rene Ingoglia (1505 in 1994).
* Brandon London had his 15th career receiving TD which tied for fourth all-time at UMass with Tim Berra (1971-73) and Lou Bush (1931-33).
* Also, London's ninth TD this season ties for the fifth-best season. He is tied with Adrian Zullo, who did it twice in 1998 and 1999 and Steve Schubert, who did it in 1972.
* Ian Jorgensen caught a TD for the second week in a row, his first two career TD reception.
* Punter Christian Koegel had a 66-yard punt in the third quarter to place UNH back at their own 24-yard line. It was his longest of the year and second-longest of his career. Only longer was 76 at Boston College in 2004.
* Brad Anderson had his second-career interception and returned it 31 yards. His other pick came against Delaware in 2004.
* David Burris had his team-best 14th tackle for a loss on a 5-yard sack of Ricky Santos. He also has a team-high 7.5 sacks.
* Liam Coen had a 14-yard scramble his longest run since a career-best 15-yard run at Colgate (9/10/05), in his UMass debut.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL