Postgame Notes: No. 4 Southern Illinois 34, No. 7 UMass 27
Dec. 1, 2007
* For the second week in a row, Liam Coen set the UMass single-game passing record with 421. He threw for 419 last week against Fordham.
* Coen threw for over 300 yards for the third week in a row, giving him eight career games with more than 300 yards.
* Coen's 421 yards gave him 3,091. He moved to third in single-season passing yards as he closed in on Todd Bankhead's second-place mark of 3,099 in 1999.
* Moore's seven catches made him second in career catches with 185. He passed/or stands behind only Adrian Zullo (187).
* Rasheed Rancher's 71-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter was the longest pass play of the season. It also tied for the 12th-longest reception in UMass history. Rancher holds the second (89) and third (84) longest receptions in school history.
* The score was Rancher's 16th-career touchdown, tying Jimmy Moore for the third-most in a season in school history.
* The 71-yard catch also moved Rancher to fifth in career receiving yards with 1794. As he passed Chip Mitchell, who had 1,680.
* Rancher went over the 100-yard receiving mark for the fifth time in his career with 143.
* Matt Lawrence had his 10th 100-yard game of the season with 112. He finished his senior season 1,585, marking the fifth-most yards in a season in UMass history. He stands behind No. 4 Garry Pearson (1,631).
* Michael Omar had a career-high 10 catches, breaking his former best of five set twice.
* The 20-3 deficit equaled the largest UMass faced all season. The Minutemen trailed FBS Boston College 17-0 in the third quarter.
* The 20 points allowed in the first quarter by UMass were the most allowed since trailing 21-0 at NC State on Sept. 28, 2002.
* In only six games over the past two seasons (five in 2007 and one in 2006) did UMass allow more yardage in an entire game, than UMass allowed in the first half on Saturday when SIU had 315 total yards.
* Chris Koepplin kicked his 10th career field goal of more than 40 yards with a 46-yarder this season. Koepplin has five of those kicks this season.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL