UMass-Central Michigan Postgame Notes
UMass Postgame Notes
1. Redshirt-junior TE Rob Blanchflower had his first 100-yard game and finished with a career-best 10 catches, including his second touchdown of the year.
2. Blanchflower is the first UMass tight end with 100 yards since Kerry Taylor had 119 against McNeese State on Nov. 28, 1998.
3. Senior LB Perry McIntyre set a career high with 18 tackles (6-12) and cracked the UMass all-time top-10 in career tackles, finishing his career with 354.
4. It marked McIntyre's seventh game of the season with 10+ stops, 13th overall. With his sack and TFL, he finished his career with 9.5 and 24, respectively. In his final game, McIntyre set the season high in stops, eclipsing the previous mark of 16 set by Kassan Messiah against Bowling Green on Oct. 20, 2012.
5. Senior DB Darren Thellen had his third interception of the season, which he returned for 25 yards, which was his 10th of his career.
6. Graduate RB Michael Cox ran in his fifth touchdown of the season and finished the day as the Minutemen's leading rusher with 66 yards, carrying the ball 17 times.
7. Freshman DB Khary Bailey-Smith had a season best nine tackles (2-7), improving upon his previous high of seven (6-1), which came at Northern Illinois on Nov. 3.
8. Freshman QB A.J. Doyle made his first career start and finished 30-for-45 for 253 yards and two touchdowns. The 30 completions were the most by a UMass quarterback this season.
9. Freshman LB Jovan Santos-Knox set a new career high with seven tackles (2-5), including 0.5 TFL and a pass breakup. His previous best of six (0-6) was set against Buffalo on Nov. 17, 2012.