University of Massachusetts vs. Richmond
Nov. 23, 2001
- This is the 18th meeting between the two teams and with the loss, UMass now leads the all-time series 10-8 and holds a 5-4 advantage at home.
- Seniors Bill Barry (Bedford, N.H.), Eddie Bowman (Philadelphia, Pa.), Tre Brady (Temple Hills, Md.), Eddie Campbell (North Arlington, N.J.), Pete Cariello (Yorktown, N.Y.), Jason Cherry (Butler, Pa.), DeShon Hardy (Neptune, N.J.), Omari Howard (Syracuse, N.Y.), Kevin Quinlan (Somerville, Mass.), Jeremy Robinson (Syracuse, N.Y.) and Paul Tupa (Rolla, N.D.) played in their final game as a Minuteman. They leave as the winningest senior class in school history with a 31-19 record.
- The Minutemen have now scored in 80 straight games overall and 103 games at home. Their last shutout came at the hands of Rhode Island on Sept. 30, 1995, 34-0. They were last shutout at home, 17-0, on Sept. 17, 1983 versus Holy Cross.
- Today's game marks the 13th time the Minutemen have played on a Friday and the first since Sept. 29, 1939. They now hold a 4-7-2 on Friday's.
- Freshman LB Steve Petrone's (Peabody, Mass.) fumble recovery in the third quarter was the first of his career.
- Junior P David Sanger (Cocoa Beach, Fla.) tied his career-high with eight punts this afternoon.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Details|
|Saturday, Sept 12|
|at Colorado||2:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 19|
|vs Temple||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 26|
|at Notre Dame||3:30 PM|