UMass Vs. Buffalo Postgame Notes
Nov. 17, 2012
UMass Postgame Notes
1. Freshman Blake Lucas set a career-long with his 39-yard field goal that gave UMass a 3-0 late in the first quarter. After missing his first career field goal attempt, Lucas has now hit his last seven in a row dating back to the Minutemen's 37-34 loss to Ohio.
2. Despite being the second leading receiver on the team, redshirt junior Rob Blanchflower picked up his first touchdown of season with 56 seconds to go in the first half. Blanchflower finished the day with four receptions for 44-yards.
3. Redshirt freshman Randall Jette has now recorded an interception in two consecutive games, following his interception in the endzone of Buffalo quarterback Joe Licata.
4. Michael Cox's three-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was his fourth of the season and first since his one-yard run against Western Michigan.
5. Junior Rob O'Connor saw action in his first game of the season on special teams for the Minutemen.
6. Alan Williams has tied his career high with seven receptions and over the last two games has recorded 13 catches for 148-yards (today plus Akron).
7. UMass finished the game with only two penalties for 20-yards. That ties the team low, last done against Northern Illinois.
8. Redshirt freshman quarterback Mike Wegzyn has now thrown for 200+ yards four times this season. He finished the day 20-for-39 for 215 yards.
9. Junior Colter Johnson set a career-high punting average of 50.6-yards-per-punt. He totaled five punts for 253-yards with a long of 61-yards. Johnson planted Buffalo inside their own twenty-yard-line twice.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Friday, Jul 25|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Registration|
|Saturday, Aug 30|
|vs Boston College||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 6|
|vs Colorado||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 13|
|at Vanderbilt||12:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 20|
|at Penn State||TBA|