University of Massachusetts vs. Rhode Island Postgame Notes
Nov. 17, 2001
* This was the 76th meeting between the two teams, and with the win, UMass now leads the all-time series 41-33-2 ... The Minutemen have won the last five meetings between the two teams ... UMass now holds a 21-15-2 record over URI in Amherst.
* Freshman FB Bryan Buckley (Doylestown, Pa.) made his first career start today.
* Senior TB Omari Howard's (Syracuse, N.Y.) 23-yard first-quarter touchdown reception was the longest catch of his career. It was also his first career TD reception.
* Freshman DL L.A. Love's (Bryan, Texas) second-quarter forced fumble was the third of his career, and his recovery of that fumble was the first of his career.
* Junior QB Kelly Siebert's (Monroe, N.Y.) 43-yard completion to Adonis Kinsey (DeWitt, N.Y.) in the second quarter was a career long for both.
* Siebert finished the day with season highs for attempts (six), completions (four) and yards (60).
* Junior PK Doug White's (Claremont, Calif.) 31-yard field goal in the second quarter was the 19th of his career, moving him into fourth place on the school's all-time field goals made list. White is now seven field goals behind Eric Oke (1993-96), who stands in third on the UMass chart.
* Freshman QB Matt Guice's (Coral Springs, Fla.) two touchdown passes today move his season total to 11. He is the first freshman quarterback in school history to throw for 10 touchdowns, and he now stands tied for ninth on the school's all-time single-season list.
* The seven points allowed by UMass is a season low. With today's win, UMass is now 3-0 on the year when holding its opponent to less than 30 points. The Minutemen are now 27-5 under head coach Mark Whipple when holding an opponent less than 30 points.
* With 129 yards rushing today, UMass is now 3-0 on the year when rushing for more than 100 yards.
* Sophomore FB Luke Hobgood-Chittick (Cambridge, Mass.) played in his first career game today. Hobgood-Chittick returned the game's opening kickoff 11 yards.
* The UMass defense allowed a season-low 251yards today. The Minutemen are now 2-0 this season when allowing less than 300 yards of total offense.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||TBA||Details|