Postgame Notes: No. 3 UMass 28, No. 9 New Hampshire 20
Nov. 4, 2006
* UMass has its first seven-game win streak since an eight-game run in 2003. With eight wins this season, the Minutemen have their most in a season since 2003, when they went 10-3.
* UMass had a season-best four sacks including a career-best 1.5 from David Burris.
* Senior linebacker Jason Hatchell made a career-high 18 tackles.
* Jason Hatchell is UMass' first defesnive winner of the Bill Knight Game MVP honor. He is just the second defesnive player overall to win it. UNH's Mike Foley, a defensive end, won it in 1994,
* New Hampshire ran twice as many plays as UMass, 88-44.
* Steve Baylark now has 42 career touchdowns (fourth at UMass) and moved to third in career rushing TDs with 37. He passed Garry Pearson (35). Baylark is also fourth in total TDs and fourth in career points with 254.
* Baylark now has at least one touchdown in 13 of UMass' last 15 games. Over those 15 games, he has 22 TDs.
* Brandon London moved to third all-time at UMass in career catches with four. He moved past Jason Peebler (123) and now has 126. He also moved to third on the career receiving yardage list with 89 in the game, giving him 1725 for his career. He passed Chip Mitchell (1680).
* James Ihedigbo had his fourth sack of the season on a third-down blitz midway through the second quarter. He has 11.5 sacks in his last 20 games.
* J.J. Moore had his ninth career TD reception in the second quarter.