University of Massachusetts vs. Northeastern
Nov. 3, 2001
* This was the 31st meeting between the two teams, and with the win, UMass now leads the all-time series 23-7-1 ... The Minutemen have won the last 16 meetings between the two teams ... UMass has a 13-3 record over NU in Amherst.
* Senior TE Eddie Campbell's (North Arlington, N.J) first-quarter reception was the first catch of his career.
* Sophomore DE Mike Haynes (Attleboro, Mass.) made his first career start today.
* Sophomore DL Valdamar Brower's (Florence, Mass.) first-quarter fumble recovery was the first of his career.
* Junior WR Neal Brown's (Danville,Ky.) 32-yard reception in the third quarter was a career high.
* Junior PK Doug White's (Claremont, Calif.) 41-yard field goal in the third quarter was the longest of his career. His previous long was a 40-yard field goal last season against Delaware.
* Freshman QB Matt Guice's (Coral Springs, Fla.) 60-yard touchdown pass to senior WR DeShon Hardy (Neptune, N.J) tied a career long for Guice and tied for the longest play from scrimmage by the Minutemen this season ... It was a career long for Hardy, who had a 59-yard reception against Delaware earlier this sseason.
* Junior WR Tre Brady's (Temple Hills, Md.) blocked punt was the first of his career, and the first UMass punt block since Nov. 6, 1999 against Richmond.
* Freshman FB Steve Wysocki's (New Britton, Conn.) reception in the fourth quarter was the first of his career.
* Sophomore DB Ryan McHugh's (Port Orange, Fla.) blocked field goal in the fourth quarter was the first by a Minuteman since blocking two Hofstra attempts on Sept. 29, 2001.
* Senior RB Omari Howard's (Syracuse, N.Y.) 100 yards is a new career high ... It is the first time in Howard's career that he eclipsed the 100-yard mark ... It is also the first time this season that a UMass back rushed for more than 100 yards.
* Howard's 38-yard scamper in the fourth quarter was the longest rush by the Minutemen this season ... It was also a career high for Howard.
* Brower's fourth-quarter sack of Shawn Brady was his seventh of the season. He is now two sacks shy of entering the school's top 10 for sacks in a season.
* The 10 points allowed by UMass was a season low. The Minutemen are now 26-5 (.833) under Mark Whipple when allowing fewer than 30 points.
* Senior FS Jeremy Robinson (Syracuse, N.Y.) set a new career long with his 41-yard punt return in the first quarter.