Colonial Clash Postgame Notes
Oct. 23, 2010
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -
The game drew a CAA Football attendance record 32,848. It was also the most fans to watch UMass play in a game against an FCS team. The previous mark was 23.454 for the 2006 NCAA Semifinal at Montana.
* Kyle Havens set a school-record with 450 passing yards. He broke the mark of 421 by Liam Coen against Southern Illinois in 2007. Havens' previous high was 329 vs. Rhode Island (9/19/09). This was his second-career 300-yard game.
* Havens was 32-of-55 passing. Both the completions and attempts totals rank second all-time at UMass for a single game.
* Anthony Nelson set a career-high with 190 receiving yards in a game - with 132 in the first-half alone. His previous high was 128, also vs. UNH, back in 2007, which he was playing at Hofstra.
* Nelson's 190 yards, rank as the fourth all-time on the UMass receiving yards list.
* Nelson's 11 catches is tied for fourth-most in a single game in UMass history.
* Caleb Violette attempted a 45-yard field goal in the second quarter, a career-long attempt.
Courtney Jackson had his first sack, in the first half.
Tyler Holmes notched his third sack of the season and ninth TFL in the third quarter.
* Tyler Holmes had his 10th career-high 10-tackle game with 12 stops.
* Ke'Mon Bailey had three pass break-ups to set a career-high.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Event, Pine Hills G.C.||TBA|
|vs Boston College||12:00 PM|
|vs Florida International||TBA|
|vs Mississippi State||TBA|
|at Old Dominion||TBA|
|vs Louisiana Tech||TBA|
|at South Carolina||TBA|