Oct. 23, 2004
* Shannon James picked off his eighth pass of the season in the third quarter to tie him with four other players for the best single-season interception total in UMass history. John Beerworth (1978), Kevin Sullivan (1978), Steven Rogers (1968) and Don Junkins (1952) also had eight picks in a season.
* James is the Division I-AA career leader in interceptions with 16 and is alone in fourth place in career interceptions at UMass. He also has the most career interceptions of any junior in all of college football.
* Steve Baylark moved into the top 10 career rushing yards and carries lists at UMass with his 138 yards on 26 carries. He is now 10th in yards with (1895) and 8th in carries with (424)
* Baylark picked up his ninth career 100-yard rushing game, third of the season. He went over the century plateau midway through the third quarter.
* Jason Peebler is now fourth in career receptions at UMass with 106.
* Peebler caught his first touchdown since the third game of the season on a 39-yard strike in the fourth quarter. It was his sixth score of the season and 23rd of his career - which is the second most receiving TD's in UMass history.
* Rich Demers had his best day running the ball this season as he gained 42 yards on nine carries. He ripped off a season-long 21-yard run in the third quarter. Demers also carried for a one-yard touchdown in the third quarter.
* Demers caught his first touchdown of the season, in the second quarter, a five-yard reception from Tim Day.
* The two-touchdown day for Demers was the third of his career, with the last coming vs. Hofstra (10/18/03)
* James Ihedigbo forced and recovered a fumble with 3:22 left in the fourth quarter to give UMass the ball back late.
* UMass converted a fake punt with just over 5:00 left in the game as Brandon London carried the ball for seven yards to the URI 40 yard line.
* Rhode Island native Lorenzo Perry picked up his first stats of the season, returning four kicks for a career-best 96 yards.
* Tracy Belton blocked Bryan Giannecchini's extra point after URI's third touchdown, in the second quarter.
* On the drive leading to Demers' first score, Dominique Stewart caught back-to-back passes for 18 and 14 yards in the second quarter, the 18-yard reception was his longest of the season.
* Mike Douglas set a new single-season career best with his 11th catch of the season the first quarter, he had seven in 2002 and 10 last season.
* Matt Goldstein kicked a 32-yard field goal with 2:32 left in the first quarter - marking the third time in his career he kicked one from 32 yards - the longest of his career.
* Baylark's 23-yard run in the first quarter moved him into the top 10 all-time in career rushes, as it was his 402nd. It also moved him into 10th on the career rushing yards list with 1,789 yards - at that point.
* UMass and URI played for the 79th time on Saturday, the most games in any series in UMass history.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Event, Pine Hills G.C.||TBA|
|vs Boston College||TBA|
|vs Florida International||TBA|
|vs Mississippi State||TBA|
|at Old Dominion||TBA|
|vs Louisiana Tech||TBA|
|at South Carolina||TBA|