Univeristy of Massachusetts vs. James Madison
Oct. 22, 2001
* This was the eighth meeting between the two teams, UMass now leads the all-time series 4-3-1 ... 3-1-1 in Amherst.
* UMass' 43 points was a season high. The Minutemen are now18-3 (.857) under Mark Whipple when scoring at least 30 points.
* The 20 points allowed by UMass was also a season low. The Minutemen are now 25-5 (.833) when allowing fewer than 30 points.
* Guice's 735 passing yards in the last two games sets a new school record for passing yards over a two-game span surpassing Todd Bankhead's 646 set at the beginning of the 1998 season. Guice threw for 403 yards last weekend against New Hampshire.
* With his 332 passing yards today, Guice becomes the first UMass QB to throw for 300 in consecutive games since Todd Bankhead accomplished that feat in the first two games of the 1998 season.
* Guice's five touchdown passes ties the school record held by three others. The last passer to throw five TDs in one game for the Minutemen was Richard Lucero against New Haven in 2000.
* With his 64 yards rushing today, senior RB Kevin Quinlan moved into 10th place on the UMass career rushing chart, surpassing Paul Metallo's 1678 (1971-72). He now needs only 47 yards to move into ninth place ... With 15 carries today, he now needs only five attempts to move into the school's top 10 in that category.
* Junior P David Sanger's 50.3 average-per-punt surpassed the previous school record of 50.2 yards per punt set by John Romboli in 1975 ... His 71-yard punt in the second quarter was the logest of his career, and the longest by a UMass punter since Andrew Maclay's 75 yarder in 1998. It was the eighth-longest in school history.
* Junior WR Adonis Kinsey's 14-yard, first-quarter touchdown reception was the first of his career. He caught another touchdown in the second quarter ... His six receptions was a career high.
* Sophomore LB Mark Kimener's fourth-quarter interception was the first of his career.
* Sophomore LB Mike Ziccardi's fourth-quarter interception was the first of his career.
* Freshman TE Sean Young's second-quarter touchdown catch was the first of his career ... He made the first start of his career today.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|