UMass-Bowling Green Postgame Notes
UMass Postgame Notes
1. Bowling Green earned a 24-0 victory over UMass football at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., on Saturday, Oct. 20. The meeting marked the first between the teams in the history of the programs.
2. Freshman LB Kassan Messiah continued to be a tackling leader on the UMass defense, finishing the contest with 16 stops (2-14), including two TFLs, for a new career high (previous: 12 vs. Ohio, Nov. 29, 2012).
3. Messiah now has 44 tackles over the previous four games, an average of 11 per contest, and owns three 10-tackle games in four appearances.
4. Senior LB Perry McIntyre followed Messiah with 12 tackles (4-8) for the Minutemen, his 11th career game with 10 or more stops.
5. UMass was able to disrupt Bowling Green QB Matt Schilz over the course of the game, earning eight pass break-ups against the Falcons, the most in a single game for the Minutemen this season. Previously, UMass broke up six pass attempts against Ohio University on Nov. 29, 2012.
6. Freshman DB Khary Bailey-Smith secured his first career interception during the fourth quarter, which he returned for seven yards. With the interception, the Minutemen have now forced seven turnovers - all interceptions - through seven contests this season.
7. Freshman DB D'Metrius Williams set a career-high with seven tackles (3-4) while also earning his first three collegiate pass break-ups. Also setting a career-high for stops during the contest was junior DL Daniel Maynes (4; 0-4).
8. Graduate student RB Michael Cox finished the contest with a team-high 37 rushing yards on 10 carries. In the third quarter, Cox broke free for a 32-yard run, his longest as a Minuteman to surpass his previous long of 24 yards.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Friday, Jul 25|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Registration|
|Saturday, Aug 30|
|vs Boston College||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 6|
|vs Colorado||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 13|
|at Vanderbilt||12:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 20|
|at Penn State||TBA|