UMass Postgame Notes
Oct. 16, 2004
* The win was the second of the season for UMass over a top-10 team as the Minutemen also beat No. 4 Colgate on Sept. 11. UMass now has won five of its last eight games against top-10 teams, dating back to the 2002 season.
* Sophomore Steve Baylark had a career-high 192 yards on a career-high 43 carries as he was awarded the Bill Knight Trophy as the game's MVP. His three TD's equaled his career high set against UNH last season.
* Baylark had his eighth career 100-yard rushing game, as he surpassed the century plateau in the first drive of the third quarter. His other 100-yard game this season came against Colgate (9/11/04).
* Baylark had his fifth career two-touchdown game with five and nine-yard rushes in the second quarter. He also had a pair of scores vs. Colgate (9/11/04) this season.
* Baylark had the longest rush of his career with a 47 yard run at the start of the fourth quarter.
* Baylark's 43 carries were the third most in a game in UMass history.
* Sophomore Brandon London had a career game as he piled up his first 100-yard receiving day with 136 yards on a career-best seven receptions.
* London had his second career touchdown in the final minute of the first half with a nine-yard reception to make it 24-14, UMass.
* London's first two receptions of the game were the two longest of his career, as grabbed a 24-yarder in the first quarter and career-best 35-yarder in the second quarter.
* Senior Jason Peebler became the sixth player in UMass history with 100 career receptions with 41-yard catch in the fourth quarter.
* Shannon James picked off his 14th and 15th career interceptions in the game, and sixth and seventh of the season. With 15 career interceptions, James is tied for fourth place on the all-time UMass career interception chart.
* He appeared to have another interception in the second quarter as he picked off UNH QB Mike Granieri and returned it for a touchdown, but the play was called back due to a UMass penalty.
* Tracy Belton picked off his fifth pass of the season in the third quarter and ninth of his career.
* Freshman Brandon Freeman had his first career interception with 4:16 left in the third quarter as he picked off Mike Granieri at the UNH 30-yard line.
* It was the third time this season UMass had three interceptions in a game.
* Senior Mike Douglas had a touchdown for the second consecutive game with a seven-yard catch in the third quarter. It was his fourth career TD and third this season.
* When UMass took the 17-14 lead with 2:22 left in the first half, it was the first lead for the Minutemen since the first quarter of the Richmond game on Sept. 18.
* The 21-point second quarter equaled the highest scoring quarter of the season, as UMass also had 21 at Delaware State (9/4) in the second quarter of the season opener.
* Punter Christian Koegel dropped three punts inside the 20 yard line in the game and now has 11 for the season.