Post Game Notes
Oct. 13, 2007
* It was the ninth time in UMass history that the Minutemen went to overtime. The Minutemen are now 4-5 in those games. They are 2-0 at home.
* Rasheed Rancher set career highs in receptions and receiving yards in the game. Rancher hauled in eight catches for 155 yards against the Wildcats. His previous career-best was six receptions versus New Hampshire on October 29, 2005.
* Matt Lawrence had his fourth career 100-yard rushing game with 106 yards, UMass is 4-0 in those games.
* Matt Lawrence also had his third multiple touchdown game this season, with both scores coming in overtime.
* Liam Coen had his fifth career 300-yard game with 355 yards. It was his second 300-yard game against Villanova as he threw for 350 last season.
* J.J. Moore has his fifth career 100-yard receiving game with 138 yards, UMass is 4-1 in those games. It was his second 100-yard game this season.
* J.J. Moore's 54-yard reception in the third quarter was the longest of his career. His previous high was a 52-yard reception. The 54-yard hookup was Coen's longest pass of the 2007 season.
* Ian Jorgensen caught his fourth-career touchdown on a 13-yard reception in the third quarter. It was Jorgensen's second touchdown of the season; he previously found the end zone at Colgate on Sept. 8, 2007.
* Jason Hatchell had his second career interception, which came in overtime. Hatchell moved to fifth in career assisted tackles with six in the game, giving him 166 total.
* Charles Walker had a team high 14 tackles, including 11 assisted. He now has 162 career assisted tackles, seventh all time at UMass.
* Today's attendance, 16,174, is the 16th largest crowd in McGuirk Stadium history. It is the largest non-playoff game crowd since Sept. 10, 2004 when there was an attendance of16,405 against Colgate.
* UMass scoreless in first half for the second week in a row. This is the first time since October 15, 2005 that UMass was scoreless vs. FCS team when the Minutemen trailed James Madison 7-0. UMass eventually won that contest, 10-7.
* Matt Stolte drew his first career start at left guard.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||TBA||Details|