UMass-Miami (Ohio) Postgame Notes
Oct. 12, 2013
UMass Football Postgame Notes
1. In its third home game overall and first hosting a Mid-American Conference team at Gillette Stadium in 2013, the University of Massachusetts football team defeated Miami (Ohio), 17-10 for its first win of the season.
2. Redshirt-senior tight end Rob Blanchflower recorded his first touchdown of the season and the seventh of his career on a 47-yard reception during the third quarter. Blanchflower finished with 98 yards on five grabs. His TD catch marks the longest reception of his career.
3. With his 98-yard performance, Blanchflower surpassed 1,000 career receiving yards with the Minutemen. The Leominster, Mass., native has 1,007 yards on 97 receptions in 35 games and 25 starts since arriving at Massachusetts in 2010.
5. Long eclipsed single-game career-highs in receptions (4), yards (29) and longest catch (22 yards) against the RedHawks.
6. Doyle finished 19-for-35 for 249 yards with two touchdowns and a pair of interceptions. His 249 yards through the air are a season high.
7. Redshirt-sophomore running back Jamal Wilson tallied 157 total yards against the RedHawks defense with 23 rushing attempts going 93 yards and four receptions for 64 yards.
8. The four receptions and 64 yards stand as single-game personal-bests for Wilson in each category.
9. Linebacker Stanley Andre produced 14 total tackles in the team's first win. The double-digit effort against the RedHawks marks the first game of 10 or more tackles by Andre at UMass, while the redshirt-junior has produced at least six stops in each game this year.
10. Graduate student defensive lineman Justin Anderson finished with seven tackles, including a five-yard sack. The sack was his third over the previous two games after producing a pair at Bowling Green on Oct. 5.
11. Sophomore defensive back Khary Bailey-Smith notched a pair of interceptions against Miami (Ohio) to go with 10 tackles. With his performance, Bailey-Smith became the first Minuteman with at least two interceptions in a single game since Darren Thellen recorded a pair of picks against Delaware on Oct. 15, 2011.
12. Bailey-Smith's 10 tackles against the RedHawks marked the sophomore's first career game totaling double-digit stops with the Minutemen. His previous single-game best was nine (2-7) made against Central Michigan on Nov. 23, 2012.
13. The team recorded a season high 23 first downs and 376 yards of total offense, surpassing the previous highs of 17 first downs at Kansas State and Vanderbilt and 309 total offensive yards at Kansas State.
14. The Massachusetts defense held Miami (Ohio) to 290 total yards of offense. It marks the first time since 2011 that the UMass defense held an opponent under 300 yards. The last time this occurred was on Oct. 29, 2011, when Richmond recorded 299 yards in a 27-7 UMass victory.
15. UMass recorded three interceptions in a game for the first time since defeating Akron, 22-14 on Nov. 10, 2012. Bailey-Smith had one of the Minutemen's four picks against Akron.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Jul 29|
|vs MAC Media Day||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Details|
|Saturday, Sept 12|
|at Colorado||2:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 19|
|vs Temple||3:00 PM|