Massachusetts 20, Maine 10
Oct. 12, 2002
- The meeting was the 49th meeting all-time between the two teams. UMass now leads the all-time series, 35-13-1, including a 20-3-1 mark in Amherst.
- The win was UMass' first win over a top 10 opponent at home since 1993.
- UMass continued its first drive success. The Minutemen scored on their first drive for the fourth time this year and are 4-0 when scoring on their first possession. It was also the first time that UMass had kicked off this year.
- R.J. Cobbs' 49-yard run on 3rd-and-28 was his career long. He went over the 100-yard plateau for the third time in his first five career games.
- Jeff Krohn scored his first rushing touchdown at UMass in the first quarter.
- The Massachusetts kicking game plagued the Minutemen today, recording two personal fouls on punts, a blocked extra point and a bad snap over the punter's head that resulted in Maine's only touchdown were a few of the miscues.
- The UMass defense held Maine to 211 yards, the fewest that the Minutemen had given up this year, including 33 in the third quarter.
- UMass ran for only 13 yards on seven carries in the second quarter.
- Adrian Zullo had two touchdown receptions for the first time since Sept. 30, 2000.
- UMass has won four of the last five in the series.
- UMass in 2-1 in the Atlantic 10 for the first time since 1998's National Championship season.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Details|
|Saturday, Sept 12|
|at Colorado||2:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 19|
|vs Temple||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 26|
|at Notre Dame||3:30 PM|