UMass Postgame Notes vs. Bowling Green
Oct. 5, 2013
UMass Football Postgame Notes
1. In their first trip to Bowling Green's Doyt Perry Stadium, the University of Massachusetts football team suffered a 28-7 loss to the Falcons on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2013.
2. Redshirt-sophomore RB Jamal Wilson set single-game career highs with 20 carries and 119 yards against the Falcons. Wilson also recorded the longest rush by a Minuteman this season with a 51-yard run, which also marks a personal best.
3. Wilson's rushing total was the most recorded in a single game by a UMass player since Michael Cox, now a member of the NFL's New York Giants, ran for 188 yards and two scores at Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 22, 2012.
5. The TD marked the third over the last four games for Sharpe, who now has 31 receptions and 279 yards through five contests. In comparison, over the first five games of the 2012 season Sharpe recorded 11 catches for 112 yards without scoring.
6. Senior defensive back Devin Brown led both teams with 10 tackles, including three solo stops. This marks Brown's second career contest reaching double-digits and his second consecutive after earning 10 stops against Vanderbilt on Sept. 21, 2013.
7. Graduate student defensive lineman Justin Anderson finished with five stops, including a pair of sacks for 12 total yards lost. The pair of sacks mark a single-game personal best for Anderson.
8. Junior defensive back Quayshun Smith made use of his increased playing time to tie his career-high of five tackles, which included his first career sack.
9. Sophomore Mike Wegzyn rotated in at quarterback during the third quarter to replace starter A.J. Doyle. Wegzyn completed 7-of-8 attempts for 76 yards and rushed for 40 more on six carries (6.7 yards per carry).
10. The team's six tackles-for-loss totaling 24 yards were the most earned through five games of the 2013 season.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Jul 29|
|vs MAC Media Day||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Details|
|Saturday, Sept 12|
|at Colorado||2:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 19|
|vs Temple||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 26|
|at Notre Dame||3:30 PM|