Postgame Notes: BC 24, UMass 14
Sept. 29, 2007
* UMass played a FBS team for the eighth time in nine years, dropping all eight games.
* The Minutemen played before the third-largest crowd in program history with 44,111 watching in Alumni Stadium. UMass only had larger crowds at Kansas State and NC State.
* UMass had the most rushing yards of any Boston College opponent with 69 yards.
* Boston College's quarterback Matt Ryan threw for just 204 yards, his lowest total this season.
* The Eagles had their fewest points of the season with 24.
* UMass scored its first touchdown in a 41-yard strike from Liam Coen to Rasheed Rancher with 10:00 left in the third quarter. It was Rancher's ninth career touchdown and Coen's 46th career TD pass, second all-time at UMass.
* Jeremy Horne had a 35-yard TD catch from Coen in the third quarter to cut the lead to 17-14. It was Horne's second-career score and was his longest career catch.
* Scott Woodward saw his most action of his career replacing an injured Coen in the fourth quarter. Woodward completed 7-of-11 for 58 yards.
* J.J. Moore moved to fourth in career receiving yards with 51 in the game. He now has 1,707, passing Chip Mitchell (1680).
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|