Post Game Notes
Sept. 17, 2005
* UMass set an NCAA I-AA record with three safeties in a game. It has been done twice in Division I-A (Arizona State vs. Nebraska on Sept. 21, 1996 and North Texas vs. UL-Lafayette on Sept. 27, 2003).
* UMass allowed just 31 yards of total offense by Albany, setting a UMass school defense record. The previous low was just 67 yards by New Hampshire (Nov. 13, 1982).
* UMass held Albany to minus-37 rushing yards. It is the lowest total since a school-record of minus-58 was set against Vermont on Nov. 2, 1963.
* UMass posted its first shutout since the season opener last season, a 51-0 win at Delaware State (Sept. 4, 2004).
* Shannon James picked off his 18th career interception - in the first quarter, the most among any players in Division I-A and Division I-AA.
* James is now tied for No. 1 all-time at UMass in career interceptions with 18, tying Grady Fuller (1980-83) and Steve Rogers (1967-69).
* R.J. Cobbs had his first rushing touchdown since the final game of 2002, when he rushed for a school-record tying five touchdowns vs. Rhode Island (11/23/03). Cobbs had two rushing TDs in the game.
* Justin Montgomery had his second career TD on a 1-yard rush in the fourth quarter. He had his first in his first career game vs. Central Connecticut on Sept. 6, 2003.
*Rasheed Rancher caught a touchdown pass for the second consecutive week, as he grabbed an 8-yard pass from Liam Coen in the second quarter.
* Steve Baylark is now tied for 10th in career rushing touchdowns with 19, tying Kevin Quinlan (1998-2001). The TD was his first of the season.
* Redshirt freshman Liam Coen made his first career start at quarterback. It's his second game, as he came on in relief in the second half of last week's game.
* At left guard, Brandon McAfee started for the first time in his career.
* Kyle Harrington had his first career rush and catch in the game.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Wednesday, Aug 5|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||TBA||Details|