Postgame Notes: No. 9 UMass 31, Villanova 21
Sept. 16, 2006
* Liam Coen had his third 300-yard passing game on Saturday. It was the first by an A-10 quarterback this season (350). He went over the 300-yard mark with a 43-yard pass to Michael Omar late in the third quarter.
* Brandon London had his 100th career catch on a 21-yard reception with 12:12 left in the second quarter. He became the seventh UMass player with 100 career catches. London finished the game with five catches and is now fifth on the all-time list with 103. He passed Yogi's son Tim Berra (99), Kerry Taylor (100) and Chip Mitchell (101).
* London also had his fourth-career 100-yard receiving game with 104. He moved to eighth on the all-time receiving list (1,371)
* Steve Baylark had his 32nd career TD on a 10-yard run in the second quarter - standing sixth all-time at UMass in total TDs. It was his 29th rushing TD, standing fourth all-time at UMass. He now has TD in eight of his last nine games after being blanked last week at Navy.
* Steve Baylark had his 17th career 100-yard rushing game with 104 yards. UMass is now 14-3 in those games.
* Brad Listorti had his first-career touchdown on a 1-yard grab early in the fourth quarter.
* Tim Washington scored a touchdown for the second week in a row on a 3-yard rush with 1:00 left in the first half.
* A week after having 187 passing yards at Navy, Liam Coen had 199 in the first half, alone, as UMass piled up 300 yards of offense. He threw for 350 after coming into the game with 304 yards in two games.
* Michael Omar had three catches for 78 yards including a 43-yard reception.
* George Byrd had his second career blocked punt, in the third quarter, he also had one at Army as a freshman last season. Byrd had his first career sack for seven yards with just under five minutes left in the first half.
* Chris Koepplin missed three field goals. He had a 41-yard field goal blocked by Peter Caroppolo with 2:32 left in the first quarter. He also missed a 45-yard attempt with 10:12 in the third quarter. Koepplin followed that with a 29-yard miss, wide left with 6:09 left in the third.
* John Hatchell recovered a fumble midway through the first quarter. He later had his first sack of the season with 2:00 left in the first. It was his second career sack.
* A week after giving up just 82 yards in the entire second half to Navy, Villanova gained 72 yards on its first two plays it went in for a score. Phil Atkinson opened the game with a 48-yard rush. Villanova surpassed that 82-yard mark on the fourth play of the game, picking up 84 yards through four plays.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL