Post-Game Notes: Colgate 17, No. 15 UMass 14
Sept. 10, 2005
* J.J. Moore set a school-record with 13 receptions for a career-high 128 yards. His former best was seven catches at James Madison (10/9/04).
* UMass set a new record for completions in a game with 34, breaking the record of 33 set in 2002 vs. Northeastern with Jeff Krohn tossing all of the passes. In the Colgate game, Liam Coen completed 20, Tim Day had 13 and Steve Baylark had one.
* Mike Douglas set a new career-best for receiving yards with 51, his old high was 42 at New Hampshire (10/16/04).
* Steve Costello picked off his 11th career interception in the fourth quarter, and his first since Nov. 1, 2003 vs. Northeastern.
* Liam Coen, who made his collegiate debut, completed his first pass to Dominique Stewart for nine yards in the third quarter. He finished with 20 completions on 35 attempts for 193 yards and two touchdowns.
* Rasheed Rancher had his first career reception for 14 yards with just seven seconds left in the first half. Rancher finished with four catches for 39 yards and one touchdown, all career-bests and his first career stats.
* UMass allowed two sacks of Tim Day in the game, after not allowing a sack over the last four games.
* R.J. Cobbs returned to tailback and carried his first ball for 25 yards before fumbling the next carry in the first quarter. He finished with four carries for 30 yards.
* James Ihedigbo sacked Colgate's QB Mike Saraceno on third down of the first series of the game, for this third sack in two games and the third sack of his career. Ihedigbo also had four tackles for loss for 22 yards.
* Maryland transfer Patrick Powell made his first career start at defensive end. Powell finished with six tackles.
* Junior Kyle Harrington also drew his first start at fullback for the Minutemen.
* Steve Costello returned to action and started at cornerback for UMass after missing nearly a year of action, playing just two games last season, the last on Sept. 18, 2004 vs. Richmond.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL