UMass-Navy Game Notes, September 9, 2006
* Chris Koepplin kicked his second field goal of the game from 36 yards with 5:55 left in the fourth quarter.
* Chris Koepplin kicked his first-career field goal from 37 yards out with 4:55 left in the third quarter.
* James Ihedigbo recovered a fumble with 1:03 left in the first half allowing UMass to run out the clock.
* Brandon Smith had a 4-yard sack early in the second.
* UMass forced Navy to twice in the first half. The Mids had punted just one time in their last two games dating back to last year.
* James Ihedigbo had a forced fumble on a Navy pitch late in the first quarter.
* UMass took a 14-7 lead on J.J. Moore's 37-yard touchdown bomb from Liam Coen. It was Moore's seventh career touchdown catch and first In nearly a year to the day. His last score came on Sept. 10, 2005 at Colgate.
* Tracy Belton had his 12th career interception which is third among all active players in Division I-AA. Heading into Saturday, only Ken Chichone of Cal Poly (15) and Dre Dokes of Northern Iowa (13) have more. Belton is now tied for ninth in career interceptions all-time at UMass with four other players.
* Brad Listorti had a 10-yard reception for his first-career catch.
* James Ihedigbo sacked Navy QB Brian Hampton on the Mids' first offensive play for a loss of five yards.
* Tim Washington scored on a 5-yard rush with 11:45 left in the first quarter. It was his second career touchdown, first with UMass. His only other TD came while he was at Syracuse when he scored vs. Temple on Nov. 8, 2003.
* Rasheed Rancher hauled in a 39-yard reception from Liam Coen on UMass' first offensive play. That was the second-longest reception in Rancher's career. His longest was an 84-yarder from Coen against Delaware on Nov. 5, 2005.
* The crowd of 30,117 is the sixth-largest UMass football has played before in history.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|