On Gilson: Wide receiver who adds depth to the squad ... Solid team player ... Comes off a strong start to spring football before suffering an injury ... Has good skills and has learned the offense well ... Could be a contributor down the road according to Coach Morris.
As a Redshirt Senior in 2011: Game-By-Game Statistics
As a redshirt registered junior in 2010:Game-By-Game Statistics
As a redshirt sophomore in 2009: Game-by-Game Statistics
As a redshirt freshman in 2008: Made college debut against Bryant (10/25).
As a freshman in 2007: Did not play in any games, working on scout team.
Before College:Played at Mansfield High School ... Four-year letterwinner playing two years each at wide receiver and quarterback ... Compiled a 44-2 record in high school leading his team to the state championships in 2003 and 2004 with perfect 25-0 record at quarterback ... Won back-to-back league titles in 2005 and 2006 with a 19-2 overall record ... Named Sun Chronicle All-Star as a junior and senior ... Boston Globe Division 2 All-Star ... Hockmock League All-Star as a senior ... Played in the Shriner's All-Star Game ... Brockton Enterprise All-Star as a junior ... In two years as a receiver had 54 catches for 1154 yards and school-record 15 touchdowns ... As a senior had 32 catches for 635 yards for a 19.9 yards per catch mark with seven touchdowns ... Served as a team captain as senior in basketball ... State qualifier in triple jump and 4X100 relay in track and field ... Honor Roll st udent for four semesters ... Won three local scholarships.
Personal: Thomas Gilson Jr. ... Born Nov. 6, 1988 ... Son of Lori DeLang and the late Thomas Gilson Sr. ... Brother of Mark, who will be playing football at Merrimack, and Meghan ... Majoring in Kinesiology
1. What was it like playing youth and/or high school football in your home town?
2. What is your favorite memory growing up in your home town?
3. What is it like playing college football?
4. What were your thoughts when you learned that the rivalry, dubbed the Colonial Clash, would move to Gillette Stadium?
5. What advice would you give young players who have aspirations of playing college football?
6. What do you enjoy the most of your college experience?
7. What do you plan to do upon graduating from college?
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|Friday, Jul 25|
|vs Gridiron Club Golf Outing||10:30 AM||Registration|
|Saturday, Aug 30|
|vs Boston College||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 6|
|vs Colorado||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 13|
|at Vanderbilt||12:00 PM|
|Saturday, Sept 20|
|at Penn State||TBA|