McGuirk Stadium Tailgating Policies
(Scroll Down For Parking Map)
- Tailgating is permitted four (4) hours prior to the game start and 90 minutes after the end of the game. Parking lots will remain closed until the designated timeframe has begun (i.e. 11:00 a.m. parking lot entry for a 3:00 p.m. game start). No parking or standing on roads prior to lots being open for tailgating.
- Fans that are still present in the parking lots at the start of the game will be asked to enter the stadium or leave the tailgate area.
- Vehicles and associated tailgating activities may occupy only one parking space in the designated lots. Saving parking spots and double parking will not be allowed. For information on hosting designated tailgate opportunities through large group ticket sales, contact 413-545-1401.
- UMass Police and UMass Parking Services will be on site to ensure proper traffic flow within the parking lots. You will be directed where to park.
- University regulations and state laws on drug and alcohol consumption will be enforced.
- All beverages must be consumed from non-glass containers. Kegs, beer balls, or other large quantity containers are prohibited.
- Drinking games (including the simulation of drinking games) or other activities involving rapid and/or excessive alcohol consumption are not allowed.
- All tailgating is confined to the area of your parking space up to the maroon line in the aisle. The area between the maroon lines is for emergency vehicle access.
- Please be aware that UMass is a Tobacco Free campus.
- Unauthorized sale of merchandise, food, or beverage is prohibited.
- Hot coal disposal containers will be available in designated tailgating lots.
- Amplified sound that may disrupt other fans is not allowed; this includes external stereo speakers or the use of a DJ.
- Please be sure to clean up your tailgate area and respect the fans around you. Trash and recycling bins will be available in various locations in Parking Lot 11, Lot 22, and Lot 33.
- All are invited to participate in the activities along "MinuteFan Way" which runs along Stadium Drive located on the Northeast side of McGuirk Alumni Stadium.
- Tailgating and personal tents are not permitted along "MinuteFan Way".
- Activities include: live entertainment (game dependent), reception hosted by the Alumni Association, video game trailers, mini golf, concessions, face painting, bounce houses, and tents hosted by Athletics sponsors and various schools and colleges within the University. Please note that all entertainment, with the exception of food-related items, is free and open to the public.
- MinuteFan Way will be open to the public four hours before game time.
The UMass Police Department will be enforcing State Laws:
- If you are under the age of 21 and are holding or drinking alcohol, you are subject to arrest.
- If you are under the age of 21 and are driving a vehicle that contains alcohol, you are subject to arrest.
- If you are operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, you are subject to arrest.
- Anyone who causes or creates a dangerous situation (ex: fighting, threatening violence, or creating a hazardous or physically offensive situation) will be directed to leave or may be subject to arrest.
- Guests who drink alcoholic beverages are asked to drink and act responsibly. UMPD reserves the right to ID campus guests, students and football patrons with alcohol containers at any time.
- UMass Amherst students are also subject to on-campus rules and regulations associated with these legal violations. Please see the Code of Student Conduct for more information.
- Season Ticket holder parking is designated in Lot 11 (north of the stadium) for the 2014 Football Season.
- Handicapped parking is located inside the stadium on the scoreboard end in Red Lot, and must be accessed from University Drive at Dallas Mall.
- All other traffic will be directed to lot 22 and lot 33 located across from the Southwest Residential area.
- Recreational Vehicle parking is available in Lot 14, located off of Massachusetts Avenue, next to the Sortino Softball Complex. No U-Haul or box trucks are permitted.
- Roadside parking is prohibited unless otherwise directed.
Medical Services are located within the stadium at the southwest corner, as well as in a designated tent on MinuteFan Way next to Parking Lot 11. If you are in need of medical services and are unable to get to the southwest corner of the stadium or to the Lot 11 tent, call UMass Police at 413-545-2121, or stop a police officer and inform him/her of the situation.
Once the game is over please vacate your parking area by following Police direction. Be aware that traffic flow may be congested. Please be cautious of the many pedestrians that will be exiting the area on foot.