UMass Postgame Notes at Northern Illinois
Dec. 29, 2012
* UMass won its fifth-consecutive game, its longest this season and longest since winning six-straight a year ago around this time.'
* UMass has won its last six road games dating back to last season's Postseason NIT run. The last time a UMass squad won as many on an opponent's home floor came during the 1997-98 when Bruiser Flint's squad reeled-off seven-consecutive on the road.
* UMass held its largest halftime lead of the season (13 points) and improved to 6-0 this season when leading at the half.
* UMass committed a season-high 20 turnovers. NIU had 17 turnovers that UMass converted into 18 points. UMass' bench scored 28 points, including 20 of the team's 36 in the first half when leading scorers Chaz Williams, Jesse Morgan and Terrell Vinson had at least two fouls. The 28 points are tied for the second-most this season (35 vs. NC State and 28 vs. Providence).
* Maxie Esho scored a season-high 14 points on a career-high five dunks. It was his third-highest scoring game of his career (18 vs. La Salle and 16 vs. St. Bonaventure last season).
* Terrell Vinson finished with 10 points and surpassed the 1,000 point mark in his career. He is the 44th player in school history to reach the milestone and the second this season, joining Chaz Williams.