Postgame Notes: UMass 79, CCSU 55
Dec. 22, 2007
* UMass moved to 9-2 for the second year in a row. The Minutemen will have a chance to be 10-2 next Saturday when they take on Boston University. That would mark UMass' best record since the 1995-96 season when they were 12-0 through 12 games.
* UMass outrebounded an opponent for the first time this season, 46-35.
* The Minutemen had their best defensive effort as they limited CCSU to just 55 points. UMass kept Toledo to 61 in its last game.
* UMass had its most blocks since a school record 20 against West Virginia on Jan. 3, 1995. UMass posted a season-best 18 blocked shots, passing the previous best of 13 vs. Northern Illinois. Papa Lo set a career-high with five. It was the most blocks for UMass since the Minutemen had 16 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) last season on Nov. 22, 2006.
* UMass held CCSU without a point for 5:50 in the middle of the second half on a 12-0 run. The Minutemen kept the Blue Devils without a field goal for 8:56 from 13:45 to 4:51.
* Ricky Harris scored in double-figures for the 11th time in 11 games this season with 15. It was Harris' 16th career game with 10 or more points.
* After just two points in the first half, Gary Forbes reached double-figures with 11 in the game. He has been in double-figures in all 11 games this season and for 15 in a row dating to last season.
* After two games which he combined for just four points, Etienne Brower reached double-figures for the seventh time this season and 21st in his career with 13.
* Dante Milligan had his fourth game in double-figures this season all in the last eight games. Milligan now has eight career games with 10 or more points.
* Three-time Atlantic 10 First-Team selection Rashaun Freeman was at the game on Christmas break from playing in France.
* Dec. 22 was Nana Ampim's birthday.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL