Postgame Notes: Umass 70, Davidson 67
Dec. 19, 2004
* Zachary Gabor of Amherst, Mass. was the millionth fan to attend a men's basketball game at the Mullins Center. He receives two season tickets and free concessions for two to the 2005-06 men's basketball season and two plane tickets courtesy of USAir and hotel accommodations to the 2005 Atlantic 10 Tournament in Cincinnati, along with tickets to the games.
* For the second time this season, UMass had four players scoring double figures, the other time came in the season opener vs. Birmingham Southern (11/23/04).
*At 10:36 in the second half, Brennan Martin hit a three, his first three-pointer of the season which represented his first points of the season.
* Sophomore Rashaun Freeman tallied a game high14 points, recording his 5th double-figure scoring this season and 29th career game (last time vs. Connecticut 12/9/04).
* Junior forward Jeff Viggiano scored 12 points for his second double-figure scoring game this season and his 23rd career contest.
* Sophomore guard Art Bowers scored 13 points, a double-figure scoring game for the second consecutive contest (last at Miami (12/12/04), third on the season and 15th career.
* In his most playing time of the season, senior guard Chris Chadwick scored 11 points for his fourth career time in double figures and the first this season. The other four career double-figure games were 12 vs. Dayton (2/8/04), 11 at Fordham (2/21/04), and 15 vs. St. Joseph's (2/25/04).
* UMass is now 3-2 against Davidson. The Wildcats won the last game on Dec. 29, 1998, 75-66 in overtime.
* Chadwick drew his second start of the season, with the other against Yale (11/28/04). He started three times last season.
* Freeman came off the bench for just the second time in his collegiate career. The only other game he did not start was at Xavier (2/14/04)
* Senior guard Anthony Anderson sat out his first of a three-game suspension for a violation of team rules.
Other Notes: UMass won the opening tap ... Stephane Lasme scored UMass' first basket, a layup at 18:40 in the first half.