UMass Post Game Notes vs. Northern Illinois
Dec. 14, 2013
* UMass improved to 9-0, equaling the fourth-best start in school history. The winning streak is the longest since 10-straight during the 1997-98 season.
* UMass is now 118-29 all-time when ranked in the Associated Press poll.
* The Minutemen are now 3-0 all-time against Northern Illinois and 12-5 against Mid-American Conference schools. UMass has won six-consecutive over MAC teams.
* UMass improved to 23-12 in the month of December under Derek Kellogg, winning its last eight.
* UMass scored 80 points and held NIU to 54, the lowest by a Minutemen opponent this season.
* UMass scored 40 points in the first half, marking the fourth time of 40 or more this season. It also collected 23 second-chance points, the most since 30 against BC in the season opener.
* The Minutemen made nine 3-pointers - tying a season-high set last Saturday against BYU.
* Cady Lalanne finished with a game-high 17 points on 6-of-10 shooting to go along with five rebounds and two blocks. His 13 first half points were a season-high.
* Raphiael Putney scored 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting, including 3-of-4 from outside. He has made eight 3-pointers in the last three games. Putney's 13 first half points were a season-high. He attempted UMass' first four 3-pointers, making three and forcing a NIU timeout as the third put UMass ahead 11-2.
* Freshman Clyde Santee had a great effort in the game's final six minutes. He was 5-of-6 and 2-of 3 from outside for a career-high 13 points.
GET YOUR OFFICIAL
|There are no upcoming events.|