University of Massachusetts vs. Holy Cross
Dec. 4, 2001
* This was the 53rd meeting between UMass and Holy Cross. With the loss, UMass now trails in the series 17-36, and the Crusaders have won the last two meetings.
* The Minutemen lead the contest 36-32 at halftime. The Minutemen fall to 2-1 on the season when leading at the break.
* Senior guard Shannon Crooks (Boston, Mass.) was 3-6 from three-point range on the evening. Dating back to the final game of last season, Crooks has now hit a trey in each of his last six games. Crooks has connected on at least two from downtown in four of UMass' five games this year.
* Crooks finished with 12 points on the evening. He has now scored at least 10 in every game this season, and in his last seven contests overall.
* Junior forward Micah Brand (Middletown, N.Y.) finished the game with 15 points. It was the 17th time Brand has totaled double digits in his career, and the fourth time in five games this season. This was the second time Brand has led the Minutemen in scoring.
* Senior center Kitwana Rhymer (St. Thomas, Virgin Islands) tied a career-high with his six blocks in tonight's contest.
* Sophomore guard Anthony Anderson (Lynn, Mass.) poured in 13 in tonight's contest. The total marked a career high and it was the second time this season Anderson reached double digits.
* Anderson's seven assists were also a career high, eclipsing his previous best of four.
* Holy Cross shot 53 percent from the floor tonight. UMass had not allowed a team to shoot better than 36.2 percent in its previous five outings this year.
* The Crusaders committed only 12 personal fouls in the contest, the fewest by a UMass opponent since January 30, 2001 when Rhode Island was whistled 12 times.
* The Minutemen pulled down just 24 rebounds on the evening, the lowest by a UMass team since a March 10, 2000 contest against Temple.
*** The University of Massachusetts ticket office will be open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 8, and from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 9. ***