Nov. 25, 2013
* UMass improved to 6-0 on the season for the 12th time in school history but just the third time in the last 36 seasons (1995-96 & 2010-11).
* UMass claimed its first Charleston Classic title in its first appearance. It also marks the first regular-season tournament crown since the 2010 Hall of Fame Tip Off and the first 8-team tournament since the 1995 Rainbow Classic.
* UMass produced scoring runs of 11-0 and 11-1 in the first half. The Minutemen trailed 10-7 to spark the first 11-0 run and never trailed the rest of the game after Derrick Gordon's layup with 15:33 left in the 1st put them ahead 11-10.
* UMass trailed for just 1:06 today. On the season, they have played from behind a total of 26:35, or 11.04 percent of the season.
* The Minutemen led 34-24 at the half. It was their largest halftime lead of the season. They have led in their last five games at the break.
* UMass had 40-plus rebounds for the sixth-consecutive game and out-rebounded their opponent for the fifth time. They also turned 15 offensive boards into 19 second-chance points.
* UMass shot a season-low 39.7% from the floor, but also held Clemson to 35.6%, two days after a 61% game against Davidson.
* UMass has handed each of its last five opponents their first loss of the season.
* Junior C Cady Lalanne collected his fourth double-double of the year and 10th of his career with 20 points and 12 rebounds. He blocked a season-best four shots for the second-straight game and played a career-high 36 minutes. He was named the Most Valuable Player after averaging 15.7 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game.