Nov. 22, 2013
* UMass improved to 5-0 on the season for the 13th time in school history but just the fourth time in the last 35 seasons (1991-92, 1995-96 & 2010-11).
* UMass has opened the season scoring at least 80 points in each of it's first five games for the first time in school history.
* UMass improved to 32-76 all-time against AP-ranked opponents and 3-10 in Derek Kellogg's six seasons. Kellogg's previous wins have been over No. 25 Kansas in Kansas City on 12/25/09 and No. 21 Temple in Atlantic City on 3/9/12.
* UMass tied a season-high with five dunks (Boston College).
* The Minutemen had 40-plus rebounds for the fifth-straight game and had the edge on the glass for the fourth time. They also turned 18 offensive boards into 19 second-chance points.
* UMass set season highs in field goals made (32), 3-pointers made (7) and blocked shots (8).
* UMass set or tied season lows in turnovers (13) and fouls (15).
* UMass' eight steals and eight blocks were both the most by a UNM opponent this season.
* UMass has handed each of its last four opponents their first loss of the season.
* Five players (all 5 starters) scored in double figures for the second-consecutive game.
* Junior C Cady Lalanne collected his third double-double of the year and ninth of his career with 12 points and 14 rebounds. He blocked a season-best four shots and played a career-high 35 minutes for the second time this year and third of his career (Youngstown State last week & Dayton in Feb. 2013).
* Senior F Raphiael Putney had a team-high 20 points with a season-best three 3-pointers. It was his fourth-career 20-plus point game (22 vs. SLU on 1/28/12 and 20 each against at Miami-Ohio last season and 2012 Senior Day vs. Duquesne).