Nov. 21, 2013
* UMass improved to 4-0 on the season for the third time in the last four years (2010-11 & 2011-12). UMass has opened the season scoring at least 80 points in each of it's first four games for the first time in school history.
* Massachusetts scored on 20 of its first 26 possessions of the second half en route to shooting 58.6 percent after halftime.
* The Minutemen had 40-plus rebounds for the fourth-straight game and had the edge on the glass for the third time. They also turned 17 offensive boards into 17 second-chance points.
* UMass set season highs in free throws made, attempted and pct. - 33-of-43 for .767.
* UMass has handed each of its last three opponents their first loss of the season.
* Nebraska allowed a season-high 96 points and trailed for much of the game. UN entered with a 53.0 scoring defense and had only trailed for 62 seconds all season.
* UMass recorded an opponent team high for Nebraska in every offensive stats except 3-pointers made, attempted and percentage.
* Six players scored in double figures for the first time since seven did so at Jacksonville State on Nov. 25, 2006.
* Sophomore G Derrick Gordon had a team-high 22 points - 15 after halftime - after opening his UMass career with 7, 8 & 9-point outings. This is his second time at the Charleston Classic after he totaled 19 points, 19 rebounds and eight assists two years ago in three losses as a freshman at Western Kentucky. Gordon also drew his third charge of the season - all coming in the past three games.
* Junior C Cady Lalanne finished with 15 points on 5-of-7 shooting and 9 boards in 31 minutes before fouling out for the second time this season.
* Senior F Sampson Carter continued his strong play this season with 16 points to post his career-best fourth-consecutive double-figure scoring game. He is averaging 16.0 points and 6.3 rebounds after entering with career averages of 6.1 and 4.0.
* Junior F Maxie Esho had a season-high 13 points to go along with six boards off the bench.