UMass Post Game Notes - vs. Youngstown State
Nov. 17, 2013
* UMass improved to 3-0 on the season. It is the third time in the last four years that has occurred.
* UMass has opened the season scoring at least 80 points in each of it's first three games for the first time since the 1991-92 and just the fourth time in school history.
* UMass led by eight at the half, its largest lead this season. UMass led by four against LSU and trailed by four against Boston College. It was the first time YSU has trailed at the half this season.
* UMass had 1 steal as a result of its press and scored 2 points off if it.
* Cady Lalanne finished with 15 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks for his second double-double of the year and eighth of his career. His 3-pointer in the first half was just the sixth of his career. He had a streak of 11-consecutive made field goals from the second half of the LSU game through the closing stages of today's game before a miss with 2:39 remaining.
* Chaz Williams collected a double-double of 19 points and 11 assists, marking his first of 2013-14 and 12th of his career. His 19 points gave him 1,196 points in his UMass career, ranking 25th in school history, passing Carmelo Travieso's 1,186. Williams also added two steals, moving into third place on the school's career list with 151. He passed Anthony Anderson (2001-05) and is three behind Monty Mack (1997-2001).
* Demetrius Dyson played eight minutes today, a career-high for the true freshman. Seven came in the first half, including a five-minute stretch midway through the period.
* Derrick Gordon drew his second charge of the season.